STAR TREK™ DECK BUILDING GAME SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN.
1. ELIGIBILITY: No purchase required to enter. The “Star Trek™ Deck Building Game Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (except Maine) and the District of Columbia who are at least thirteen (13) years old at the time of entry. Employees, officers, directors and children of employees/officers/directors of Bandai America Incorporated (“Sponsor”), CBS Consumer Products, Inc. (“CBS”), and their respective affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, retailers, contractors, distributors, advertising, promotion, fulfillment and marketing agencies, and their immediate families (defined as spouse, child, sibling, parent or grandparent) and persons living in the same household of each (whether related or not) are not eligible. Entrant and, if entrant is a minor, entrant’s parent/legal guardian, agree to be governed by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Void in Maine, Puerto Rico, outside the United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited by law.
2. TIMING: The Sweepstakes begins on February 1, 2013 at 12:00 am (midnight) Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on February 28, 2013 at 11:59 pm PT (the “Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
4. DRAWINGS: On or about February 14, 2013, February 21, 2013, February 28, 2013 and March 7, 2013, a random drawing will be held to select twenty (20) potential Prize winners from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period (i.e., twenty (20) potential Prize winners each drawing for a total of eighty (80) potential Prize winners). Potential Prize winners will be notified by email or mail. If any potential Prize winner is disqualified or is ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes for any reason, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected from among the eligible entrants who have not already been awarded a Prize. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged or misdirected shipments of Prizes. Entrants are solely responsible for providing accurate contact information and if Sponsor is unable to reach any potential Prize winner using the information provided, or if any potential Prize winner fails to respond to Sponsor’s notification of winning within ten (10) days, then an alternate winner may be selected from among the eligible entrants who have not already been awarded a Prize.
5. PRIZE: Eighty (80) Prizes: Each prize consists of a set of three (3) Star Trek™ Deck Building Game cards comprised of Warf (Sheriff), Data (Outlaw), and Holodeck (each a “Prize”). Approximate retail value (ARV) of each Prize: USD $0.75; TOTAL ARV OF PRIZE POOL: USD $60.00. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. If winner is a minor, the Prize may be awarded to or in the name of his/her parent/legal guardian, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. All expenses not specified in these Official Rules, including all applicable federal, state and local taxes, are the sole responsibility of the winner and/or winner’s parent or legal guardian. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Limit one (1) Prize per person, per family and per household.
6. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant and, if entrant is a minor, entrant’s parent/legal guardian agree (1) to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and all decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects; and (2) to release Sponsor, CBS, and all related parties and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and the officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents of any of the above organizations (collectively referred to as the “Released Parties”), from any and all liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind (including, without limitation, related to personal injury, death, damage to property, infringement of proprietary rights, rights of publicity or privacy or defamation) arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes, or any Sweepstakes-related activity or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of any Prize. Entrant and, if entrant is a minor, entrant’s parent/legal guardian further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering into the Sweepstakes and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant and, if entrant is a minor, entrant’s parent/legal guardian waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s and, if entrant is a minor, entrant’s parent/legal guardian’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the Prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of Prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of Prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible Prize claims.
7. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of Prize constitutes permission from Prize winner (and his/her parent or legal guardian) for Sponsor and their agencies to use Prize winner’s name, voice, likeness, photographs, opinions, hometown and state, and/or other indicia of persona without notice or further compensation or consideration for purposes of advertising and trade.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes without notice, for any reason, including without limitation, if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor, CBS, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their advertising, promotion or production agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telecommunications malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, incomplete/inaccurate information on www.facebook.com or www.bandai.com whether the result of tampering, equipment malfunction or other cause, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for any damages to entrant’s (or a third party’s) computer (including but not limited to information and data stored thereon) in conjunction with participation in the Sweepstakes. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT, AND/OR ENTRANT’S PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN IF ENTRANT IS A MINOR, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW (AND TO DISQUALIFY SUCH INDIVIDUAL FROM THE CONTEST, IF APPLICABLE). If for any reason, including but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of Sponsor, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes such that persons cannot access www.facebook.com/StarTrekDBG and enter the Sweepstakes, Sponsor shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or suspend the Contest, and to select winners in a random drawing from among all eligible mail entries received and all eligible online entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor or otherwise in a manner determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on www.bandai.com.
9. WINNERS LIST: For the first names and last initials of the winners (available after March 14, 2013), unless prohibited by law, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Star Trek Deck Building Game Sweepstakes – Winners List, 5551 Katella Avenue, Cypress, CA 90630, for receipt no later than March 30, 2013.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Entrant (and if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agrees that (1) the Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State of California (with the sole exception of conflict of law/choice of law rules which would result in the application of the law of any jurisdiction other than California), with venue in Los Angeles County, California and all claims must be resolved in the appropriate state and federal courts of Los Angeles County, California; (2) disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, not as a class action; (3) in no event will he/she be permitted to obtain awards for and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, fees or costs, including without limitation attorneys’ fees, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
11. SPONSOR: Bandai America Incorporated, 5551 Katella Avenue, Cypress, CA 90630.
STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Licensed for use by Bandai America Incorporated.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Information is being provided to Sponsor, not Facebook.