Alright, here's my two cents. Here's my typical game play context:
1) Single character or partner story mode with drafted skills
2) Total of four abilities/skills per character, with mode dependent or terrible abilities (i.e. Premiere Chris) replaced with skills
3) Custom randomizer
4) All special weapons (except burst-fire and survival knife) in a face down pile; 100 gold for an unknown top card
Within this context, notably problematic cards like Great Ambition (I only use it in partner mode) or Gatling Gun (such small chance to get it) are not an issue. I also don't have a problem with the Flamethrower since there are largely better arguments for going small than big in inventory size. So what is still consistently on the brink of absurdity? Mostly characters.
1) Characters: Leon (Outbreak); Ada (Outbreak); Leon (Alliance); Leon (Premier); Wesker (Premiere); Luis Sera (Nightmare); Chris (Mercenaries - making a prediction here)
2) Actions: Lonewolf; I Have This...
3) Weapons: Flamethrower (Partner Mode)
4) Skills: TBA
Is Leon (Outbreak) really all that broken? He actually seems like the weakest of the 4 Leons to me, having played them all many times. What is it that breaks him?