I have questions for some smart people
and also a headache... i'm relatively new to the game, so i have some questions/scenarios that need answerin/'splainin
1) i have read somewhere on the forums that if i were to put in play a ninja through GROWTH or anything else that's not deployment, then i can disregard the turn and hand costs (unless said ninja is SQUAD/REINFORCEMENT). i would like someone to confirm this before i derp up something fierce. and if this is true, would SACRIFICE be treated the same way or would i still need a sacrifice to put the ninja in play?
2) If i were to use Almighty Push on an entire team, then would the team be broken up or remain intact?
scenario: opponent attacks with team of 3, so i block and use Almighty Push's "odd" effect and make all 3 of his ninja standby simultaneously. my turn rolls around and i attack. can he block with a team of 3, or does he now have 3 separate teams of 1? i assume the latter, but would like a more experienced opinion
3) scenario: Shikamaru attacks in a one man team, and another team with Neji uses Neji's effect to move another ninja to Shikamaru's team.
since he was sent out by himself, would his team still perform a mental power battle even with the new addition to the team?
4) i find this one a doosey
if i were to use Retiring Character on a SQUAD/REINFORCEMENT ninja, then would the ninja be bounced to the hand, or be returned to the reinforcement deck? what if an effect like 8 Trigrams Air Palm sent the ninja in question to the top of the deck instead?
whichever the case, would the SQUAD/REINFORCEMENT still be put back in play due to Retiring Character's effect? and if so, would i yet again need to meet the requirements?
Bonus question: is it safe to assume that i can't use Bashfulness on a SQUAD/REINFORCEMENT ninja?
while on the subject of Bashfulness: if my opponent put a ninja in play with flashpoint or another effect that activates when it hits the field, can i chain it with Bashfulness in hopes of stopping the effect?
5) what all can cause a jutsu/ninja effect to fizzle?
6) regarding the card Retiring Character again, would i be able to use this card to "reset" a ninjas ability? such as Pain (Human Path) . (whoa... the card's picture says "...while your turn marker is even..." but the one in my hand says "If your turn marker is odd..." crazy...) would i then be able to activate his effect twice in the same turn? (deploy use ability, activate Retiring Character, and use ability again?)
and am i correct in thinking that it is considered being removed from play so i can activate Pain (Asura Path) 's effect for dishing out -1/-1 coins?
7) (Dear Lord, this is longer then previously expected)
can i use a ninja coin (courtesy of Giant Chimera ) as a sacrifice for a ninja with SACRIFICE?
8) (and then there's more...)
regarding Hinata 's ability, am i allowed to choose where she goes, or does she go back to the team she was in and in the same position?
9) (and then there's more...)
scenario: during the EoJ, opponent uses any jutsu and targets my Hinata, i then chain 8 Trigrams 64 Palms for Defense . would the opponents jutsu fizzle? what if (fun game, these "what ifs") he targets the team in the same situation?
i'm pretty sure that's all for now. sorry if my words can't come together to convey my thoughts properly and in an orderly fashion.
i'm trying to make a deck and would like to know what to do in these situations before i smash a bunch of cards together and call it a deck. don't wanna be lookin like a fool with my pants on the ground. so thanks in advance to anyone who decides to lend a helping hand with my endeavors
If you are using an effect to put in play a Ninja, you generally do not have to meet Entrance cost or pay the Hand cost.
You must always pay Sacrifice.
2. The team would remain intact.
3. Yes, you would still perform a Mental Power Battle.
4. Any time a Squad or Reinforcement card is removed from play, it is removed from game.
If a Squad or Reinforcement Ninja was targeted by m512, it would not return to play.
You cannot target a Squad or Reinforcement with m534 because those cards are never deployed.
m534 can only target Ninjas that were deployed that turn.
5. A Jutsu can fizzle if the user is removed from play or leaves the Battlefield. A Ninja effect can fizzle if the Ninja is removed from play or is injured and the effect is not valid.
6. Yes, you could use m512 to use the targeted Ninjas effect again.
If you used m512 on n1101, it would trigger his effect.
8. She will return to play in your Village.
9. I assume you meant . If the Jutsu your opponent used specifically requires a target, then it would fizzle. If the Jutsu targeted every Ninja in a team, then it would affect the other Ninjas in Hinata's team, but not Hinata. If Hinata was in a team by herself, the Jutsu would fizzle.
Naruto CCG Random Quiz Game