Modesto CA SJC Top 4 report as told by Markus.
Modesto SJC was a lot of fun, it was a very small field of great players. I had a ton of fun. But here is how it went:
Arrive there at 9am, since Tournament starts at 10am according to the post, but turns out tournament ended starting at 11:30am. Missed out on 2 hours of precious sleep...
Round 1 Dave P. ( Puppets )
1. I beat him pretty solid just before he hits turn 7 for sasori.
2. Game goes to t7, he has sasori but he didnt have the hand cost, then he attacked, and I played infinite embrace, and drew into a hydro pump, and then with 5 cards left in the deck, I drew 1st hokage to seal the game.
Round 2 Ryan M. (Water/lightning)
1. Interesting game he played with which caught me off guard. he opened 2 ink leeches, and attached one of the jutsu to them. and got chidoris pretty early and just totally wrecked me.
2. He keeps a hand with a t2 drop and Monster research, I go on for early battle rewards, which is just to much pressure with mind transfers for him to come back.
3. It was a pretty simple curve on both our parts, but when I play hydro pumps and mind transfers with mastery kido then have ino use it, he couldnt out jutsu me.
Round 3 Sean Graham (???)
Sean was a team mate, we were both 2-0, we decided to just tie.
Round 4 Navdeep (Water/earth)
1. Solid curve, use mind transfers correctly, he throws me off guard with chakra seals, and brooding moods, but eventually I win.
2. He gets like 2 brooding moods out, hits all his training in moonlights, and I cant draw anything and beats me amazingly fast.
3. ***EPIC game...I miss a t0, he agro me real fast. He plays mind transfer asap and gets to 9 brs, by t4. After I slowly gained a field, I played Mind transfer -> Money style shadow clone jutsu on his t3 hinata. He misses at t5 drop, while I get yamato out ready to play some jutsu and recycling. But turns out, I have 3 cards left in my deck. I had Sasuke IA in hand with 8 triagram palm rotation. I play sasuke, get chakra, then use tobi to get more chakra and deck my self out. If i attack 3 teams and get back hydro pump with yamato, I win. He only has 3 teams of 1. Hotaru,ino,shika. Right when I am gonna organize, Navdeep plays Chakra Seal on yamato..................................... >.> ....................... <.< .............................. I was lost...thought about if there is any way I can win for 305910 hours. I couldve got MTJ back, but I already had a hotaru. I cant steal shika, and then for some reason it never clicked until the end I just got MTJ back and used it with KNS to grab his ino and won lol... I probably couldnt describe it as well as it was at the event but it was pretty epic.
Round 5 Ryan Owens (Lightning/???)
Ryan was 4-0-0. Hands down one of the coolest guys at the event. He has topped at every modesto event I have been too and won one where I wasnt. He is a great player and a good person because he agreed to giving me the win so that we can both make top 8 when we tie our next rounds. Because of that thanks a lot Ryan.
Round 6 Samuel Bryan we just tie.
Dennis Manyagi (Anti meta water)
*Side not Dennis Manyagi always beats me in top 8 of all events, I am 0-4 vs him.
1. Idk wtf happened, but I won in control the whole way.
2. *Epic game #2: He opens with kiba wild fang, which at first i thought would be no problem but i was wrong....He teams it up with KNS for ultimate protection. Then he constantly attacks with which was basically unstoppable. he gets me to 8 brs real fast, and all I am doing is just surviving...after playing it out for about 40-50 minutes, I had a field of kido state 2, sasuke IA, neji 1 growth coin, kns 1 growth coin, ino. I had Deidara in hand...I draw training in moonlight, play it, draw the card I needed......INO LOL i growth Ino, play deidara, go c0, blow it all up. He had sasuke state 2, danzo, tsukado with 13 coins, kns,kiba, jiro and all kinds of ninjas. I got rid of them all BUT Kiba, because he was still protected from KNS. but then I drew 1st hokage, and slowly regained a stronger field and was able to beat him out.
Top 4: Samuel Bryan
1. I win
2. He wins
3. I lose when I couldve clearly won.
The reason why I cant recall most of the events I think is cause I had a major headache after playing for so long, mid day I took 3 excedrin extra strengths. and Towards my last match with Samuel Bryan at 10:30pm. I felt like passing out....He would say "attack 3 teams" I would say " Your turn" and then get a blank stare from him lol I was tripping out it was real bad...
But overall it was a great event, my 2nd SJC and my 2nd top 4 lol...I learned a lot tho.
**********Daniel Collins is the pro status
He made the most amazing move I saw against my teammate, which gave me a ton of respect and hopefully others saw what the definition of a good player means after what he did. He had naruto four tails out, and played chidori constantly on an injured ninja, to get rid of his chakra untill he had 4, so his t5+ ninjas dont get hurt, and all of Josh's ninjas got hit... such a pro move...
Congratz to Danny and his team on winning, they are the players I always look forward to play, to gain some experience from great players.
Top 8 mat xD
Ryan Owens topped as well
Invasion prizing thank god....I thought bandai would pull of giving us set 22...
Just a regular sjc that was fun, nothing too special actually but it was a real fun event, got to see all the people, got to witness some amazing plays.
BANDAI!!!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE SERIOUSLY GONNA DRIVE ME INSANE ONE DAY AND MAKE ME HUNT YOU DOWN..
HOW DO YOU GUYS NOT SHIP OUT ALL THE BOX PRIZING? Top 8 got NOTHING...ALL WE GOT WAS A MAT. Neither did top 16 I believe, bandai didnt ship out enough boxes (EVEN THO THE FIELD WAS ONLY ABOUT 50 PPL...)
So all the top players couldnt get their boxes....so stupid. I have never gone to a tournament and get only %10 of the prizes....Even tho the mat was the coolest part, I expect to get my box shipped to my house. You guys really need to work on this bandai...its amazing how unorganized some of your stuff is.
I go to Northridge Chuunin, no mats for top 8.
Modesto Chuunin had some stuff missing
Modesto SJC now didnt have all their boxes...
All within 1 quarter... thats pretty bad imo..
Other minor cons:
Crew from Fresno not topping
Having headaches every SJC I go to >.> <.<
Losing because of mental fatigue, we played for 12 hours straight, on 3 hours of sleep, its pretty exhausting...
Low amount of People attended...Just as I predicted...Bandai didnt move the SJC, nor handle the 70 player cap well, thus we didnt even get to 70 ppl, even tho we clearly could have...
Bandai Rep didnt show up. I really wanted an official Bandai rep to be there, since we live in the same state, only about 5-6 hours away, I expected Tylar to show up, but it didnt happen oh well.
Thanks to everyone there for hosting the event, and for everything else.
my list was pretty legit deck name is Amir's Deck. (Ironically we ended up buidling a very similar build)
3x Neji Vanilla
3x Shiho MVP of the game she got me so much advantage with TOBI Akatsuki's humor and decoding the message combo
2x Hinata awakened
3x Ino Vanilla
1x Kido state 1
2x Shika MVP making my KNS unstoppable with 5 mental since he gives the plus 1 to his team
2x Tobi Akatsuki's humor
1x Sasuke IA
1x Pain (human path) that effect was epic (Never played it once in the tourny...)
1x Deidara set 23 (Used his effect once, and went c0 once...)
1x Yamato planning
2x First hokage Supremacy 2.0
3x Mind transfer
2x Palms rotation
2x Byakugan (jutsu negator sided it out like every game >.> )
2x Money style: shadow clone jutsu <---- OP with Ino's jutsu
2x After the battle
3x Monster Research
2x Training in the moonlight
2x Decoding the message needs 1 more tbh
Awww, I love you too. <3
Congratulations on making it to top four.
You and Kujo need to come down here so you can test with Navdeep and I next time.
Last edited by DeathCall : 12-21-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Yea ryan for sure man. Ill be coming up there more often