gaara [existence]-allows for consistency with gaara/temari squad, as you usually want to squad off ur t0+t1 ninjas, also allows for more early game surprise surges.
temari [excellent tactician]-the most annoying ninja in the game currently, should be splashed as at least a 2 of in every deck. she just happens to have surge, and goes with the gaara/temari squad. she's essentially a 2/2, as you can swing with her, make herself a back ninja, and injure a 2/X with immunity, she also can chump block twice, making herself a back ninja, only recieving 1 damage, and can basically prevent your teams from getting OV until very late game.
shikamaru [flex]-an on stat ninja that with mental can kill any t0 or 1 ninja by himself, convenient for swinging by himself when mental for 1 battle reward, although id prob replace him if hyuga earth takes off cas he sucks against hand control.
sakura [reliance]- i ran impact! in my deck for a LONG time, as she helps alot, but the fact that she hurts my late game ninjas, as well as the gaara/temari + sasuke fe combo is not nearly as devestating if u cant swing during that turn, and are succeptable to attack the next turn. reliance is a house, if ur going to drop her the next turn, you can make sure to chump block the turn before, that way she's an instant +1, also provides a legit draw engine with tsunade eom late game...
the 5th hokage [eom]- great card, with the lack of 4 support ninjas, an 8 combat really helps, and she's a great tempo card, as you can swing when ur highest teams are tied in power, since they won't block. also allows for more Cherry Blosssom Impact jewishness. Although running 1 4th kazekage and 1 loss over 1 invasion and 1 hiruko is an option as well, as you'll still hit kaze quite often due to the 3 ino's tears.
invasion of akatsuki- searches hiruko/sasuke and helps make your gaara/temari + sasuke fe combo more consistent.
elemental defense- personal fav. a 3 of in every wind deck i run, negates every good jutsu in the game except fear/pain summoning. one wind means you can use it whenever, just charge a card if ur in fear of a kakashi (childhood) jutsu or a t1 ya***o fear. also late game its just **** broken with mastery from gaara/temari.
All the other surge support is bad, i prefer to use the surge theme just as an early game pump/draw engine.
your side deck was horribad, wind really doesnt have that many side deck options, but this is what i came up with:
3x Comparative Strengths- for true allies, anything w/ lots of pip effects
2x Delicate Operation- for boyhood, lightning, etc. anything w/ high cost jutsu
2x Chikiru- for no hand, lightning, wind...everything jutsu heavy.
2x Mental Fatigue- plenty of users, kills water, dogs, hurts true-allies
1x Hinata ftosa- run 2 sided over the 3rd comparative if u choose to run a different 2 drop main board
Surge is a great deck, but after EXTENSIVE testing, i've found that just mono-wind board control is the best wind variant. this is my current list:
3x Gaara (ch)
3x Temari [excellent tactition]
2x Cursed Warrior
2x Sasuke [-]
2x Sakura [book smarts]
2x Tobi [mom]
2x Tsunade (ch)
1x Naruto [reliance]
1x Baki [able brain]
2x Sasori [creating the masterpiece]
2x The 4th Kazekage
3x Ino's Tears
1x Kankuro's Tenacity
3x Elemental Defense
3x Flying Swallow
3x Hydro Pump
-2x Sakura [bs]
-2x Tsunade (ch)
+2x Ino [playful]
+2x Father and Mother
+2x Chiyo [sacrifice]
because the main reason i ran sakura+KNS was for mental fatigue main boarded, and i took them out for hydro pumps...so yeah...
I hope you enjoyed my novel
Plz re-read Cherry Blossom Impact:
"...printed entrance cost lower than that of the user's."
Therefore, even if Sakura is boosted by Advisor or Sakura's Desire, CBI won't affect anything with an entrace of 4+
Reading is tech.
But I like wind, it's a fun deck (actually what I'm playing now, post ban list). Though I don't buy into "Surge" Wind, it's a pretty strong deck.
But I think, if I did subscribe to the Surge dogma, I'd play it like this...
Gaara (CH) [L] x3
Temari [ET] x3
Cursed Warrior [u] x3
Matsuri/Tracking Ninja x2
Shikamaru [Flex] x3
Advisor of the Sand [FtV] x3
Sakura [i] x3
Zetsu [MN] x1
Naruto [R] x1
Baki [AB] x1
Hiruko [i] x2
Sasuke [FE] x1
Chiyo [Surge = Negation, can't remember the name] x2
Sasori (Chibi) [CtM] x1-2 (Based on # of Hirukos)
4th Kazekage [D] x2
Shinobi of the Sand (or whatever the surge mission is) x2
Invasion of Akatsuki x1
Comparitive Strengths x2-3
Jutsu: (Total of 9 here)
Elemental Defense x2-3
Mental Fatigue x1-2
*Hydro Pump x1-2
*Hydro Pump ain't cheap, but it smashes testicles. Especially when your opponent lets you through and you go: "Hydro-Mastery-Hydro-GG"
Just to give you an idea of what'd be played.
No Tobis may be a bit of an oversight on my end, but all's fair in love and war.
It's been a bit since I replyed due to alot of testing...and sadness that I hadn't read Cherry Blossom right, but I'm back with my updates. Thanks to all of you who have posted here and given me some ideas where I could improve the deck.
P.S. For anyone who is still willing to help with this deck:
1) I don't intend to go looking for Hydro-Pump/Fear by Genjutsu, but I do know I need either/or in here.
2) Please NO PUPPETS!!!1! Any puppets I intend to use will be going into my Discard/Puppet deck, I don't want them in here.
3) The exception to the above is Hiruko, but that doesn't mean I want everyone to keep suggesting Sasori [CtM]. I don't like that card in here, his own effects don't work often enough for me as opposed to Hiruko's. Also the reinforcement has backfired on me more than I'd care to remember.
Gaara (Childhood) x3
Gaara [Existence] x1
Cursed Warrior x3
Temari [Excellent Tactitian] x3
Matsuri (Childhood) x2
Ino [Triage] x2
Yaku mo x2
Advisor of the Sand x2
Gaara [BL] x1 [will become ^ once I get another]
Naruto [Reliance] x1
Sakura [IMPACT!] x3
Tsunade (Childhood) x1 [Anti-reinforcements + Free BR off Ferocious punch]
Chiyo [Number of Fingers] x2
Sasuke [Freezing Eyes] x1
Adviser of the Sand x1 [here because he makes it so I can still surge my Gaara/Tem squad and still send out my high turn Sand Ninjas with Impact]
The 4th Kazekage x1
2x Shinobi of the Sand
1x Loss [will become Entrustment when I get another.]
2x Ino's Tears
2x Battle over the Barrier [1x will become Ino's Tears when I get another.]
3x Iron-Armed Punch
3x Kick of Anger!
2x Ferocious Punch
1x Exposing the Hideout
Last edited by Sakura's Retribution : 02-18-2011 at 06:12 PM. Reason: forgot cards
a couple things:
1. take out 2 matsuri (ch) they're horribad, add 2 gaara e or shino parasite
2. u cant surge gaara temari, the card u discard has to have the exact name, so unless u have a gaara/temari platoon...-1x t4 advisor +1x sasuke fe
3. ur jutsu lineup is still bad, -3x iron arm punch (bad card unless maining at least 2 chiyo nof) -2x ferocious punch -3 kick of anger (wtf this isnt kunoichi) +3x negate jutsu i.e. wind scythe, elemental, flying swallow. +3x CBI (these guys are dumb, it says ur opponent has to have printed entrance cost to your ninjas current entrance cost, so u can pump with advisor and get all t4 and lower with sakura) +2x hydro pump/additonal negate jutsu if u cant afford it
4. get rid of the battle over the barriers and shinobi of the sand, more so shinobi than botb...that mission is so horribad its unbelievable. add in third ino's tears and 2 more loss, then add in tobis...
1) Matsuri help put ninja's in teams if i have Sakura out without the Adviser, And i have 2 parasites sidedecked if needed.
2) even if that is true, the Adviser still lets me organize Baki and 4th during the turn they are put in play.
3) umm...I do main 2 Chiyo, just forgot to put them on list [oops.] I had initially intended the deck as kunoichi but there aren't so many really great cards to make the deck work, so the ratio of named ninjas in the deck are 9:7 male to female with most of the males being high turn. So kunoichi jutsu will still trigger most of the time, since kunoichi will hit the field before most of my males. As far as negation jutsu is concerned, Ferocious Punch (and to an extent Iron-Armed Punch [thru Chiyo] and Kick of Anger!) has me well covered. I like these jutsu better for their versatility, for a comparative example:
Elemental Defense - cost 1 wind. Requires Jonin to fully get the negation and is kinda selective against quite a few of the mainstream jutsu [Howl, Concentration, Detonating Kunai, Fear by Genjutsu, Exposing the Hideout, Hydro-Pump just to name a few.]
Wind Scythe - cost 2 wind. Almost useless against water, and requires a specific user to get the bonus of injuring the target user.
Flying Swallow - cost 2; 1 specific, 1 any. +3/+3 and single target immunity. secondary effect is completely useless in this deck.
Ferocious Punch - cost 2; 1 specific, 1 any or 3 of any. Requires Female or Medical [easy], negates and discard without needing to do anything special. Also injures the target user without jumping through hoops. Finally if Tsunade uses it, then I get a battle reward too.
On the topic of CBI, i checked with my local judge. He rules it that, it does look at both user and targets printed entrance cost. So none of the stuff to increase/decrease turn marker matters for CBI. On the other hand, it does work for Kick of Anger! just fine. Last thing for this topic, as I mentioned above I intend to add Hydro-Pump. I just don't intend to go out of my way to get them.
4) BotB has won me quite a few games, and I intend to keep 1 for the surprise victory. I explained SotS on the first page, and I don't intend to go over that again. I already listed that I plan on adding a 3rd Ino's Tears over the 2nd BotB. I really don't need any more draw in here than what I currently have listed. I have decked myself out with this deck a few times, against a deck that doesn't force me to draw/discard from my deck. Hence no Tobi, and no more Loss.
Last edited by Sakura's Retribution : 02-18-2011 at 06:55 PM.
-matsure +shino insect warrior.
Also you said you "surge to chakra" if that is actually what you meant, read this.
Valid: During the Exchange of Jutsu, you can discard
1 Ninja card from your hand with the same name as this Ninja.
In that case, this Ninja gets +2/+2 during this turn.
Also, surge is an optional effect that can only be activated once per turn.
Not running tobi because you deck yourself out is also just stupid. Annddd just run Flamethrower if you dont have hydropumps, it works just as well.
Thank you I didn't know the full effect of the main focus of my deck.
1) I use Shinobi of the sand, so yes I surge to chakra.
2) I would never put Shino IW in this deck...ever. I try to stick with the theme of a deck as much as possible, only card that doesn't match with what I'm using is Sasuke FE. The Shino I use is Parasite, and it is in my sidedeck.
3) I don't like Tobi in this deck, I have no room in this deck for more draw/search. Even if I did have room for him in here, and I actually wanted to put him in...all 6 of mine are in other decks that need it more. Specifically my discard/puppets and my anbu/dog decks.
4) Not sure if YOU were aware of the fact that if a Ninja acquires SURGE [through Iron-Armed Punch for example.] then that Ninja can actually be surged twice [or more depending] per turn. Also EACH ninja can be surged once per SURGE characteristic per turn.
5) As far as Flamethrower goes, I wouldn't get rid of any of the jutsu I'm currently using for Flamethrower. All of the Jutsu I'm using can be used from early game on by most of my best ninjas, long before Flamethrower can hit. Another thing, I have no ninjas in my deck that can use it to full effect.
My two cents on Surge decks.
Surge ninjas are best at 3 copies each to activate all of the surge abilities in the deck. It also maintains consistency. I noticed your latest reversion plays a few jutsus that are requirements females. That is fine but there are better alternatives for negation such as wind scythe. If the surge deck has 3 copies of each surge ninja in it then Iron armed punch wont be needed in the jutsu slot to give a +2 and activate the surge effects. The pump of this deck is surge itself. The jutsus can be damage and negation.
Here is my Decklist and the reasons why I use those ninjas below.
 Kankuro [Threat]
 Gaara of the Desert (Childhood) [Loneliness]
 Temari [Excellent Tactician]
 Cursed Warrior [Ubiguitousness]
 Ino Yamanaka [Triage]
 Advisor of the Sand [For the Village]
 Sakura Haruno [Impact!]
 Tobi [Man of Mystery]
 Chiyo [Number of Fingers]
 Baki [Able Brain]
 Sasori [Creating the Masterpiece]
 Ino's Tears
 Sakura's Desire
 Shinobi of the Sand
 Wind Scythe Jutsu
 Temari & Gaara of the Desert [Dust Tornado]
 Sasori (Puppet Mode) [Scorpion of the Red Sands]
Mastery is key to ending the game on turn 5 or 6. Temari/Gaara and Sasori (Puppet Mode) both have mastery. Oh and so does Chiyo.
Chiyo does give the ability to all of your surge ninjas to negate jutsus but they have that mission "Comparative Strengths" floating around so the Wind Scythes are there if Chiyo is negated.
Chiyo can almost always use flamethrower and hydro-pump as long as advisor or Ino is in play.
Turn 2 Ino's Tears can easily get you Advisor and that is one draw engine set up. This deck has so much draw you might want to side something against Jealousy....
The Turn 0 Kankuro... He gets BIG FAST. Hes ready to be a head ninja in no time. Surge him once hes a 5/4 for the turn... then he goes to a 3/2. But with all of the surge going on he will be a 6/5 in a turn or 2. You're opponent will be chump blocking all the way til turn 4 when you are ready to hydro-pump or flamethrower their field... if they negate you have chiyo and wind scythe like I already mentioned. Then mastery that jutsu and do it again. Its as close to Gaara [Immense Power] snipe as you are going to get with alot of pump.
Whats better than pumping your teams bigger than your opponents and drawing cards in the process?? Then finishing off with Snipe jutsus.. Try this out its the best I can come up with.
You are going to need alot of chakra to use mastery over and over again. With shinobi of the sand your sakura can use flamethrower or hydro-pump on turn 3.
As long as you have two of these in play your sakura will be an entrance cost of 5.
Shinobi of the Sand
Last edited by Mike_Oretta : 03-03-2011 at 04:40 AM.
Hello, and thank you for your input on a surge deck. Before I start this post I want to explain that I reason things out a weird way. So I come across as rough and/or critical sometimes, but I am just trying to understand the changes you have made and want you to know the reasons for my changes.
Another foreword, I have already said why I want to/don't run the following cards already and won't get into it in this post unless I get better reasons:
Tobi [Man of Mystery]
Sasori [Creating the Masterpiece]
Sasori (Puppet Mode) [Scorpion of the Red Sands]
and either of the above Pokemon's attacks...oh wait their called jutsu here
1) I can understand getting rid of Tsunade, she is extremely helpful in getting rid of squad/reinforce heavy decks. I was thinking of siding her anyway, but I don't quite understand why you took out Sasuke [Freezing Eyes], Ya/k/umo, and Naruto [Reliance].
Naruto can search for any mission in my deck and he buffs Sakura, Sasuke, Ino, and Ya/k/umo.
Sasuke + Gaara/Temari combo is sic.
And Ya/k/umo continues the overall power battle by dropping the power of all their chump blockers turn 4 and lower after Gaara/Temari hits [At least what is left of their chump blockers after Sasuke/Baki gets done with them. ^_^]
[on a side note, I'm changing BotB to Invasion of the Akatsuki to bring up Sasuke faster. Since I took him down to 1 in deck, I have had trouble with him getting discarded against Hyuga or Mirror match when the opponent goes first.]
2) Main reason I don't use Kankuro is because he will always get hit by my Sasuke [Freezing Eyes], there is simply no way around it. At least with Matsuri, she gets +2 turn from Ino and Adviser. Also as I have said before, her and the Advisor are in so I can team my other non-surge ninja while I have IMPACT! in play. So at that point the only ninja that will be hit by Sasuke is Cursed Warrior. [Don't really care on that one, I'll usually chump block him back to my hand before I Sasuke anyway.]
3) I also don't understand not running Hiruko, 4th Kazekage, or Exposing the Hideout. Hiruko has surge and a fun snipe engine built in. The 4th is a great late turn clean up ninja, and if i hit him with Exposing it will be over before it started. [Exposing speaks for itself, I don't need to explain that do I?]
4) Reason I main 3x Iron-Armed Punch is specifically so I can surge anyone without having to worry about having them in my hand. Even back when surge first got big in Fangs, when I did run 3 of each ninja [9 in the case of Gaara between childhood, regular, and 5th kazekage] I somehow would still usually end up drawing only 1 of each ninja [except gaara.] Other reason is we have 2 lightning players around here that main 2-3x Paper Bomb and it really helps against that.
5) I prefer nehation jutsu that actually get rid of the jutsu, i HATE the jutsu that put it back in hand. I explained my reasons behind my jutsu negation line-up in my post.
6) The last and most important point. Why would I get rid of Entrustment for Sakura's Desire?
I apologize for the way I kinda rambled on looking back at this post. Though I think you brought up some good points, these are my questions about your changes.
All of the cards, Naruto Reliance, Sasuke Freezing Eyes, Ya***o, Tsunade, The 4th Kazekage, etc. do not go in a Surge deck. You are focusing on other combo's than what the title is about.
Hiruko doesn't do half of the stuff that Chiyo does on turn 4. Yes chiyo makes your opponents jutsu go back to their hand but it really didn't cost you a thing. You surged a ninja basically giving your team +2 team power. Chiyo's effect is a bonus. If they have enough chakra to play the jutsu again, you can surge another ninja or wind scythe it, counter with flamethrower or hydro-pump to remove the user.
Hiruko will hardly ever be able to use hydro-pump or flamethrower which are the best jutsu for wind right now. Haven't you heard? Advisor doesn't give hiruko +1 entrance because Hiruko isn't sand. Ino doesn't either because he's not female/medical. You're only option is Shinobi of the Sand which isn't very good odds to control the field late game. Ok so he snipes for free sometimes but if they respond with a jutsu... hes not chiyo so its over. The deck's purpose isn't Gaara & Temari... Thats just late game help if needed. Sasori [Creating the Masterpiece] has ambush so early game he can be tossed with loss and sit in the chakra until ready. If your board is wiped clean by some miracle late game... All you need to do is top deck a Hydro-Pump and ambush sasori in play. Its that Easy. Start using all of the chakra you built up with shinobi of the sand to take your opponents ninjas one by one and build an army again. Sasori turns your opponents dead ninjas into his puppets. You need chakra to do so. Shinobi of the sand builds you chakra when you surge... Maximize your surge ninjas by playing as many as you can... are we coming in clear? Once your sasori has taken control of your opponents ninjas your field will be monsterous. HUGE!
Sakura's Desire easily over Entrustment. You are missing the big picture. You seem to only see the +1 hand advantage but what this deck is about is field control. Turn 3 Play Sakura's Desire and draw into sakura. You either have Ino, advisor, or shinobi of the sand in play already. Desire + Ino = Turn 5 Sakura. Proceed to control the field. Desire + Advisor = Turn 5 Sakura. Ino + Advisor = Turn 5 Sakura.
All of the jutsu and misson that I listed were designed to win early but still help late game.
The purpose of surge is RUSH. Attack with big teams keeping your team big and forcing your opponent to chump until they cannot chump anymore. Turn 3 or 4 start to control the field with those jutsus.
This deck builds chakra, makes big teams, negates jutsus, snipes the field... All pretty darn early... Who cares about a 1 turn effect Sasuke Freezing Eyes? Take out a mission and play Miroku to counter your opponents Sasuke. Miroku doesn't hurt Surge... There are no put in play effects except Gaara Childhood...
Last edited by Mike_Oretta : 03-03-2011 at 08:15 PM.