For anyone using Firefox 2, you'll notice that Alt+S (shortcut to Post/Save Post) doesn't work as it used to (instead, it'll act as Alt normally does and access your menubar). There are two ways to fix this.
The first way is to use Alt+Shift+S. The priorities for hotkeys changed when Firefox moved to its second complete version.
The second way involves changing the priorities back. What follows is a step by step guide to fixing this problem. Please be careful with the guide that follows and make sure to follow it as closely as humanly possible. If there is any doubt, stop and get someone more experienced to do it for you. If you follow this perfectly, there shouldn't be any problem. Now, with that out of the way, do like so.
1. Open up a new window, tab, or just use the one currently open, and set it to go to "about:config". A bunch of items should pop up.
2. In the Filter type bar, type "ui.key". The items should narrow down to what you need to change.
3. Locate "ui.key.chromeAccess". Its value should be '4'. Double click it and change it to '5'
4. Locate "ui.key.contentAccess". Its value should be '5'. Double click it and change it to '4'.
5. Close the tab, window, or move to another site, and it's set.
When you do that, Alt+S will now send/save your posts, and Alt+Shift+S will open up the History menu instead of the other way around.
Last edited by Chronomaster : 08-03-2007 at 11:53 AM.