Originally Posted by allanime01
I build decks in a unique sort of way i'm told. Whatever the meta is, I immediately disregard it. I like to surprise people with what I run and take some chances. Plus, really makes tourneys more fun.
Granted, if it's possible, I can make a sideboard that shifts it more tooowards a meta like deck, for example I can Trun Ba Sing Se into a simplistic stalling revitalize deck, but otherwise I value "did anyone do this before?" as my main goal.
i follow the exact same motto. Honestly, why build a meta deck when you can build an unconventional deck than crush all the meta decks :P There are so many cards in block that i feel its such a waste not to use everything in your arsenal. Its fun to build random and see how it pans out.
What decks do i have build at the moment. I have a;
- slow vs anything competitive but if survived late game it wins.
- 35 ninjas 15 missions, mill the deck out, turn 4 sakuras tears to PIP my whole deck of "1ofs".
earth/water hand contro
l- water wipe, a show of power, gentle fist, hinata
- everyone loves to reinforce, killer bee, naruto, kisame, sasuke, jirobi
and i also have my meta decks:
- JI, sasori on turn 1 and bring my hiruko and tetragram the board
- revit with water so i can wipe chakra, control hand and still revit my cards
we all have different playstyles but i def agree with you allanime01. creating you own makes it that much more special and makes u feel good when you beat meta decks with your non-meta one.