We haven't still tried this format but probably will soon enough. I have some questions that are pretty basic stuff.
1) Is there just standard reinforcement deck for players with squads (1 card here too)?
2) What does this highlander format achieve with commanders at best? I mean why do you consider this to be better format than regular highlander?
3) Players can play jutsus only to the battle they are participating where have their ninjas battling?
4) How about banned cards? Does bannings effect to EDH? This is probably answered clearly somewhere.
5) Which platoons to do you propose first if we try to balance them between different classes?
What I am planning to do is to create an epic, loosely storyline based, EDH adventure for my friends. Four decks, four commanders and different themes such as:
1: The Will of Fire. Theme: Leaf ninjas (jiraiya, kakashi, naruto, toads) Lightning/Fire.
2: It Came from the Desert. Theme: Sand ninjas + leaf allies (gaara, puppets, huygas) Wind/Earth
3: A Mysterious Organisation. Theme: Akatsuki (akatsuki rogue ninjas like itachi, deidara, Kakuzu and some void stuff) Fire/Earth since there are no void platoons.
4: A Cunning Snake: Sand village and villains (Orochimaru, zabuza, four sand ninjas, Sasuke) Water/Fire (mostly water)
So 1-2 are "good guys" and 3-4 are bad guys. I don't know commanders yet and one theme deck might be kunoichi wind/earth if some of these fails. I am probably going with these platoons first: Kakashi/Might Guy , Temari/Kankuro , Itachi Uchiha & Deidara and finally Sasuke Uchiha & Orochimaru .
I think the last platoon is too powerful and first one is weak but other stuff might upgrade it. I might still try something like this as a setup. What do you guys think? My intentions is to use one character only in one deck so there will be only three different sasukes in all decks etc.
Last edited by Amaterasu_ : 05-05-2011 at 01:15 PM.