Debate 2: Sharingan/Byakugan(Continued)
Team 4ThePwn's Closing Statment:
The Byakugan and the Sharingan, the two premier doujutsu of Konoha. Throughout this debate we have provided what we feel to be solid evidence that the Byakugan is the better of the two. We will now take this opportunity to reiterate that evidence.
In a one-on-one battle, we feel that the Byakugan-user would be able to defeat a Sharingan-user of similar power for the following reasons.
1. The Heavenly Spin is more than enough to handle any fire jutsu the Sharingan user might have and the ability to see the flow of chakra into the chest and through the mouth would be plenty of warning for any Byakugan-user. The same can also be said if the Sharingan-user attempts to use any sort of projectile weapons.
2. A Byakugan-user would be able to see a Sharingan-user focus chakra into their eyes to use genjutsu and then it would be child's play to dispel it with their precision chakra control or simply by injuring themselves.
3. If the Sharingan-user attempted string manipulation, they would find that the Byakugan-user could simply run chakra through the string, disabling their hands in a similar way Kidoumaru was injured in his fight with Neji. As a note, we can assume that it is possible to run chakra through the strings because we've seen many weapons in the past become infused with chakra, even a kunai in Chapter 49, Page 12.
4. We've given examples of instances where even a three tomoe Sharingan-user is hit, so we feel it would be quite possible for a Byakugan-user of similar speed to land even a few glancing blows against the Sharingan-user, thereby disabling chakra flow to those areas and doing massive internal damage with even glancing blows. And that's all before we even begin to talk about 64 Palms.
In a team battle, Byakugan-user still has the advantage for the following reasons.
1. The Byakugan-user can instantly detect any genjutsu placed on allies. He could also warn his allies when the Sharingan-user is focusing chakra to their eyes, so that they can look always from the eyes at that instant. In addition, the allies can free the Byakugan-user from any particularly powerful genjutsu if need be.
2. Byakugan-users have a better time against multiple opponents than Sharingan-users because they can watch all of the opponents, protecting themselves from surprise attacks. In addition, they can use the Heavenly Spin if multiple opponent's come at them at once. Conversely, nothing about the Sharingan makes it any more suited for multiple opponents than a normal eye.
3. Having allies means that the Byakugan-user may attack together with his allies, using them as a distraction to land cleaner hits.
While the Sharingan is indeed formidable in combat, out of combat, the Byakugan has a suite of applications that the Sharingan just doesn't have. Here are some of those uses that enrich the Byakugan-user's life:
1. Cheat on tests or read enemy documents.
2. Scout ahead on missions without splitting up.
3. Impossible to ambush a Byakugan-user while it is active.
4. Diagnose injuries in the field.
5. Analyze enemy fortifications from a safe distance.
6. Locate targets from great distances and through obstacles.
7. Identify enemy tools and weaponry.
8. Greater insight than the Sharingan, as stated in Chapter 78, Page 13.
9. See through walls for private, personal uses.
10. Quickly search for lost or misplaced objects.
11. Identify genjutsu.
12. Spy on a target.
13. Control the flow of a person's chakra.
Compare that to the Sharingan's meager list of non-combat abilities:
1. See Chakra. Byakugan does it better.
2. Identify Genjutsu.
3. Cheat on a test, via copying. No way of verifying if what is being copied is correct. Difficult to correct if wrong.
4. Learn jutsu faster.
5. Learn to a physical action, i.e. dance, cook, etc.
It's pretty clear which has a broader range of non-combat uses.
Let's analyze the weaknesses of both now, shall we? Genjutsu, the ability to copy and analyze all forms of jutsu, the ability to see chakra and identify genjutsu, and the ability to read an opponent's muscle movements are all great abilities, but they are the extent of the Sharingan's power and for the most part, they can be countered. Genjutsu can be countered, which is especially easy for a team to do and considering the majority of the ninja world operates in teams, it is not difficult to do so. We know that the number of jutsu a person has is not important, but rather the important thing is how a person uses what they have, as we have seen countless times with Naruto. The ability to see chakra cant really be countered, but the Byakugan does do it better. The ability to read an opponent's movements is also great, but it can be countered by speed and taijutsu. On the other hand, the Byakugan has relatively few weaknesses. It has a blind spot, which can be filled with chakra to compensate for it when in combat. Beyond that, there really isn't anything to counter the Byakugan, because it isn't the type of ability that has outside factors involved, it simply does what it does.
The Byakugan is not as combat-oriented as the Sharingan, however, it has been adapted to become useful in combat and unlike the Sharingan, it has but it still gets the job done quite well and we feel that at the end of the day, the Byakugan just has more overall to offer to the user. We hope that with this evidence the judges can clearly see that the Byakugan is vastly superior to the Sharingan.
This debate ended with Team 4ThePwn declaired as the victors due to a judges decision. Hikari Link, Tobi_Man, Slynara, Minatonamikaze, and Samjoko were given credit for this victory.
Information Cited from Canon: 9/10
Information Proved False: -2/-10
Closing Statement: 9/10
Opening Statement: 7/10
Information Cited from Canon: 7/10
Information Proved False: -4/-10
Closing Statement: 7/10
Opening Statment: 8/10
Information from Canon: 8/10
Information Proven False: 0/-10
Closing Statment: 7/10
Opening Statment: 6/10
Information from Canon: 4/10
Information Proven False: -4/-10
Closing Statment: 0/10
Opening Statment: 8/10
Information from Canon: 8.5/10
Information Proven False: -1/-10
Closing Statment: 8/10
Opening Statment: 6.5/10
Information from Canon: 5.5/10
Information Proven False: -4/-10
Closing Statment: 3.5/10
Team 4ThePwn: 41/50
Team 2: 25/50
Team 2 definitely started fairly strong but the more teamftpwn countered the less convincing team 2 got. in the end it comes to seemingly wild speculations that offer no proof while the other team almost always mentioned specific chapters/pages when necessary
and honestly after hearing both sides, the impression i get is
byakugan: good in battle, great for missions and everday stuff
sharingan: great in battle, kinda meh outside of battle
and it is a test of both eyes overall, not just a which is stronger in battle. i mean almost everything team 2 came up with for more practical uses for the sharingan was either not true, meh, or the byakugan did it sooo much better
I think Team 4ThePwn should win this thing. They have time and time again provided evidence from the manga to support their claims while Team 2 seems to just speculate and sometimes even brings up information that is contrary to the truth. Also, it seems that all of the arguments that Team 2 has brought up has been shot down by Team 4ThePwn, while reversly Team 2 seem to have been inable to discredit any of Team4ThePwn's arguments. It is for these reasons and more that I feel Team 4The Pwn should win.