If a mod could sticky this, that would be great. Ok, there hasn't been that many card makers lately, so this thread is to bring back old card makers, or for new people to join. First off, you'll need a program that uses layers, so download GIMP
. It's a free program and it doesn't cause any viruses, I downloaded it myself. Once you have finished donwloading it, before you click "Install Now", click on "Customize". Once you get to the file associations, check off "JPEG image" and "Portable Network Graphics".
Next, you'll need some templates and parts:
(If anyone has a better one, please post it)
Faded Text Box
Stat And Combat Attribute Bar
2002 Masashi Kishimoto Rarities
2002 Masashi Kishimoto/2007 Shippuden Rarities
Credit To: Mendokuse, naruto4ever, Shino'sDad, TheHeroOfCanton, and Myself
For downloading these parts and putting them together, follow the intructions below:
1. Click Save Picture As..., DO NOT CLICK COPY.
2. For the File Name, put the name of the part there, and for the Format, put PNG.
3. Once you have all the parts you need saved, open up GIMP.
4. Click File--->Open.
5. Open up every part that you need.
6. Click Windows--->Dockable Dialogs--->Layers, or click Ctrl+L on the any part but the main Template.
7. Click on the layer for the part and drag it with the mouse to your main Template, so that the main Template is the bottom layer.
8. Move the new layer around with the tool in the 3rd row, second to the left, while holding Shift Also, for the rarities, use the eraser tool to erase the rarities you don't need.
9. Do 6-8 for each part until your finished. Let me if your having any problems.
To make White Outline in GIMP, CLICK HERE
(BTW, you don't have to make the px = 3, but I think thats what works best.)
To make Drop Shadow in GIMP, CLICK HERE
To render pictures in GIMP, CLICK HERE
Last But Not Least: Fonts. For the Character name, use anything that looks closest to you, or the downloadable font, Allencon
. For the effect texts, flavor texts, characteristics and all that, use Lucida Sans Unicode, or Trebuchet MS. If anyone else wants to post there fonts, go right ahead.
Thats everything! If your having problems or have any questions, feel free to post here, or PM me.