Employment Contact Info:
Reina A. Bonilla
Human Resources Senior Manager
Bandai America Incorporated
5551 Katella Avenue
Cypress, CA 90630
Tel: (714) 816-9530
Fax: (714) 816-6710
We have an immediate opening for a Staff Accountant that analyzes financial information and prepares financial reports.
Specifically, you will be responsible for reviewing A/P disbursements for accuracy and proper authorization, reviewing Sales and COGS accounts monthly,
preparing monthly inventory reconciliation, preparing quarterly royalty reports, preparing quarterly sales tax reports, preparing monthly accrual entries,
assisting in Audit Preparation, analyzing P&L and Balance Sheet account balances for month end close, setting up and reviewing items in PeopleSoft module,
preparing monthly analysis files, preparing monthly gross margin analysis and handling some non-profit organization accounting.
1-2 years of Accounting experience and an Accounting Degree or equivalent is required. Strong Excel and PeopleSoft/SAP experience is a plus.
Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills. Candidate must be adaptable, flexible and team oriented.
If your experience meets this criteria, please submit your resume with salary requirements to email@example.com
No phone calls please.
Bandai America Incorporated has an immediate opening for a QA/QC Administrator to provide a wide variety of quality assurance and quality control
activities to maintain high quality and reliability within production. Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Creating quality assurance and quality control specifications and monitoring products for adherence.
- Conducting and accepting or rejecting shipment inspections at factory and/or repack facility.
- Reviewing packaging and instruction sheets according to ASTM F963 standards and ensuring proper safety notices and legal lines are included. Reviewing additional elements including but not limited to commercial spots, stickers and banners.
- Reviewing product samples received from China offices and reporting findings to R&D and China office staff.
- Conducting comparison research of comparable competitor items to keep up to date on industry trends.
- Registering and maintaining registrations for plush in all required states and Canada.
- Creating and maintaining MSDS database.
- Analyzing products for safety and compliance according to state, governmental and industrial standards.
- Issuing General Conformity Certificates according to applicable government and retail regulations.
- Maintaining and updating database of all test reports for all products. Evaluating and reviewing test reports and notifying supervisor of any abnormalities.
Associate degree in any related field required along with 1-3 years of related experience. Familiarity with Code of Conduct requirements, product safety regulations and logistics and claims.
Senior Brand Manager, International
Bandai America Incorporated has an immediate opening for a Senior Brand Manager, International to support the Director of Brand Management as the liaison between the local marketing teams and harmonizes the brand messaging amongst all regions outside the US. Candidate will work closely with marketing, R&D, Sales, Finance and Purchasing to create brand strategy, develop new products, and create financial plans, as well as sales, distribution and manufacturing plans to ensure the divisionís products are introduced at retail in line with consumer and trade advertising and promotional programs. The role has one direct report and may require some international travel. Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Maximize business opportunities that are consistent with Bandaiís global objectives in the BUE countries outside the US
- Provide input to global brand strategies and product lines in partnership with the Brand Management Team and in collaboration with Sales, Purchasing and local marketing. Recommend revisions to global strategies based upon local market needs that differ from the US.
- Consolidate shared needs across BUE regions and quantify incremental financial impact of their fulfillment.
- Explain direction and policies of each brand in terms of product development and marketing strategy to the local Marketing teams to help them focus on the global strategy.
- Work with Finance to establish brand financial plans, budgets and tracking systems to ensure financial performance in line with the company business plan and any regional minimum guarantees for licensor obligations.
- Guide international needs for market research and other market sensing data to ensure that newly developed products reflect consumer interests and desires in markets outside the US. Analyze market data to generate fact-based recommendations for changes to the marketing plans and products.
- Collaborate with the other brand management team members and Bandai Licensing to identify and acquire outstanding new properties that have global relevance and expedite their product introduction in sync with programming and advertising plans.
- Support the presentation of BUE brand strategies and marketing initiatives to senior management to gain approval and the financial backing for their execution by identifying and consolidating market and cultural trends outside of the US.
- Keep management apprised of brand plan execution in local markets with periodic international updates and recommend fine-tuning of strategy in line with changing market conditions.
- Collaborate with BUE Brand Management to develop a core tool kit of marketing assets (e.g. TV commercials, print ads, web assets, presentation materials, etc.) that can be used in all markets.
- Five or more years of brand management and marketing leadership in dynamic businesses with an emphasis on new product development in licensed product environments.
- Consumer packaged goods background, particularly in the toy, fashion, entertainment and/or similar industries.
- Experience in brand portfolio management: managing cross different product categories, brands and countries. Skill in identifying area of commonality between countries while highlighting the critical difference between international markets and the US to management.
- Experience working across cultures and using influence management to lead people that do not report to them.
- Experience driving new product development through collaboration with cross functional teams.
- Strong business and financial acumen and demonstrated success creating and managing brand financial plans.
- A creative mind that is also able to recognize the best ideas of others, as well as to carry those ideas forward to successful execution.
- Excellent presentation and persuasiveness skills necessary to gain the company resources necessary for brand success in a competitive business environment.
- Strong experience in the use of market research in the product development process, as well as in product positioning and pricing.
- Demonstrated success working with advertising agencies, driving new campaigns, and managing media budgets and plans.
- An excellent team player who works well in sometimes unstructured situations, and able to manage many ongoing projects.
- A Bachelorís Degree in Marketing or Business; MBA preferred.
Please submit your resume and salary history to the contact person named above. Thank you.